Our sweet Henry turned FOUR on the 19th of March, and today I finally got around to doing his 4 year photos. It was less about finding time for the photos as it was waiting for Henry to be in a cooperative mood. Having a photographer for a mom can be taxing, I think, for kiddos. He’s always got the camera in his face. It’s annoying. He’s getting really good at running from it, dodging it, making silly faces.
Today he was with me in the kitchen and was being super playful. I hadn’t planned to do his photos right then. I hadn’t put him in an adorable outfit or even combed his hair (or washed his face, now that I think about it…). But it felt like the stars were aligning. Parents of 4-year olds can probably relate to that. There are magical moments when the kid is sweet and agreeable and up for anything. This was one of those moments. I sat him on the counter and told him to wait right there. I knew it was going to be a good shoot when he asked me “Are you going to take my picture?” and then laughed (and most notably: didn’t scream) when I said yes.
I’m also including the interview I do with him every year around his birthday. Those are his answers, word for word. 🙂
1. What is your favorite color? Purple
2. What is your favorite toy? Umm, uhhh, I don’t know. I forgot. Oh, I know! My garbage truck!
3. What is your favorite fruit? I don’t have a favorite fruit.
4. What is your favorite tv show? Busytown! I mean, Octonauts.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut butter & jelly.
6. What is your favorite outfit? Uh, my purple H shirt and my belt bands.
7. What is your favorite game? Angry Birds!
8. What is your favorite snack? Peanut butter pretzels.
9. What is your favorite animal? Tigers and giraffes and jaguars.
10. What is your favorite song? Mmm mmm mmm.
11. What is your favorite book? Uh, I don’t have a favorite book. Actually, my favorite book is volcanoes.
12. Who is your best friend? Annabel and Jules.
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon.
(that’s his “robot” face)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play soccer.
15. What is your favorite drink? Milk (almond).
16. What is your favorite holiday? The weekend holiday.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My garbage truck and my crane.
8. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? That is cinnamon cereal!
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cheese spaghetti for me and you can have the normal kind.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A cupcake maker.
21. What is something that makes you very happy? Mmm, my toys.